Please visit our website Texas RV Travel for information on the RV community, Texas and National parks and public lands, our RV journeys, an rv reference library, rv parts and maintenance, and Texas maps and trails.
- Texas is the largest of the contiguous states with 267,277 square miles.
- Texas has more than 4,959-square miles of fresh water more than any state except Alaska.
- Texas’ four national forests and the Big Thicket National Preserve offer more than 730,000 acres of woodland recreation.
- The King Ranch in Kingsville is the largest ranch in Texas and is slightly larger than the state of Rhode Island.
- Texas has more than 624 miles (1,000 km.) of coastline to explore.
- Houston, Dallas and San Antonio are among the nation’s 10 largest cities. Texas is the second most populous state in the nation estimated at more than 23 million residents.
- Texas is the fifth largest wine producer in the United States.
- There are 191,000 miles of streams and rivers in Texas.