Fall is Finally Here
Fall arrived with slightly cooler weather, but no rain. However, as usual, we have gone maze crazy in Texas. You must visit one of the popular mazes this fall. Grab the youngsters and the teens because they are going to have a blast. So, how about some fall family fun?
One of my favorites is just outside Katy, Texas. The Dewberry Farm: Corn Maze and Family Farm Fun! Four-acres of corn maze, sixteen-acre Pumpkin Patch, not to mention more children activities added each year!
To see larger graphic click on the farm above.
General Admission Includes
Wagon ride to pumpkin patch, Corn Maze, Barrel Train Ride, Fort DewHickey, Hay Mountain, Giant Roller Slide, Black Mamba, Singing Chickens, Barnyard Area, Rubber Duck Races, Pig Races, Windmill Park with games, Farmer Flinger and Little Farmersville.
- Children 2 and under: FREE General Admission
- Kids (age 3-54) $12 (tax included)
- Seniors 55+ $9 (tax included)
- Military and Law Enforcement $10 (tax included)
Special Activities (additional fee)
- Goat Feeding 25¢ per container of feed
- Black Hole $2 per trip
- Corn Cannon $3 to shoot 9 ears of corn
- Face Painting $3+
- Punkin Hollar $3 per stroll
- Pony Rides $5 per ride
- Gemstone Mining bags of rough $5
- Flower Bouquet Picking $5 per bouquet cup
- Kidilla Hoppers $3 for all day pass
- Pedal Carts $3 for all day pass
- Slide Mountain $3 for all-day pass
- Zip Lines $3 for all-day pass
2011 Farm Hours/Dates
September 24 – November 13
Saturdays – 10am to Dusk
Sundays – Noon to Dusk
Monday, October 10, Columbus Day 10am to 6pm
Note: They open again on November 25 as the Dewberry Christmas Tree Farm. Admittance to farm is free at this time.
- Take a hayride to the “forest” on the back 40
- Search the Christmas Forest for the right tree
- Cut your tree (we furnish saw)
- Ride back to Santa’s Workshop for tree baling
- Check out the country store and all the fun activities for children of all ages
Rocky Creek Maze on the Chaloupka Farm in Moulton, Texas
Fall 2011 Season
Open October 7 – November 20
Fridays 5-9 pm in October only
Saturdays 10 am-9 pm
Sundays 2-6 pm
Haunted Maze: Fridays & Saturdays, Oct. 14 to Oct. 29, and Sun., Oct. 30
Adult ages 12-up: $9 per person
Children ages 4-11: $7 per person
Seniors ages 65-up: $7 per person
3 and under: free!
Haunted Maze: $5 plus regular admission
Regular admission includes unlimited access to the cornfield maze, mini mazes, slides,
hayrides, barrel train rides, and butterfly garden.
Haunted Maze Opens Mid-October
YesterLand Farm in Canton, Texas
2011 Fall Season
Weekends September 24 – October 30
Saturdays 10 am – 6 pm
Sundays noon – 6 pm
Fall Farm Admission
Ages 3 – 54 yrs $10
Seniors (55 + yrs) $ 8
Active or Retired Military, Law Enforcement, Firefighters and First-Responders $8 with valid ID
Children 2 & under – Free
Farm Admission includes
Farm admittance, Corn Maze, unlimited Hayrides, Pork Chop Downs Pig Races, Farm Zoo, Rubber Duck Races, Play Area, Kiddie Western Play Town, Watch the Pumpkin Movie in the giant Tipi, Dress the Scarecrow, use of the Picnic Pavilion and Photo opportunities galore!
YesterLand Amazement Park – Ride Tickets are $1 each or $20 for 24 tickets – Most rides take 2 ticketsSanta’s Runaway Sleigh Coaster
- Tubs of Fun
- Kiddie Swingers
- Chubby Choppers
- Ride the Rattler
- Canoe the Rapids
- Barrel O’Monkeys Train
- Fire Trucks
- Red Baron Airplanes
- Ferris Wheel
- Spinning Apple
Check out TheMaize.com for more locations in Texas and across the USA and Canada. If you cannot find a corn maize or a pumpkin patch, you are not looking! Have fun!